Hold a soft measuring tape across the widest point of your natural nail. Make sure you use the millimeter side, and not the inches side.
- If you do not have a soft measuring tape, put a piece of tape over each of the 5 nails and mark the 2 widest parts and measure that distance.
- If you’re in between lines, round up to the next line.
- If you have flatter nail beds, add 1mm/1.0cm to your measurements(for very flat nail beds add 2!)
- Make sure to measure at the widest point of the nail. For some its closer to the tip, for some its in the center.
- Only measure one hand unless both hands are drastically different.
- An average thumb usually measures anywhere from 16mm to 18mm. Sometimes a bit larger or smaller.
- Medium length (top picture)
- Long length (bottom picture)
- Short nails are *around* 1cm shorter than the medium length nails!
- Once you know your nail sizes, you can measure the LENGTH of each of your your natural nails and subtract it from the the corresponding nail sizes per finger! This will give you an approximate number for how long the overhang of the fake nail is over your natural nails!